I’ve just finished re-reading The Inexplicable Laws of Success by Singh Virend. Here's what resonated, fired me up, or simply stayed with me.
"Success inspires a thirst for greater achievement. With each achievement, you operate from a new and higher level. The achievement of one goal spurs you on to new and bigger goals.”
Or to put it another way, success is addictive. A little hit makes you want more. When you want more you work harder (and smarter), plan better, push further. Each achievement is a building block you use to step a little bit higher on the success ladder.
“You become what you think about most of the time.”
Yes, you do, and it’s just as easy to think about (and plan for) success as it is to think about (and fear) failure. The science isn’t as fuzzy as it might seem, either. You don’t just ‘manifest’ what you think about out of thin air. Thoughts are precursors to action. You tend to act on what you think about, what you focus on, and what you imagine.
“Take action. Action creates belief.”
If you don’t believe you can do something, you’re not going to try, and if you don’t try you’re not going to achieve it. See how that becomes a vicious circle? Taking action is powerful. If you take action and achieve something, you create belief. Even if things don’t work quite as well as you hoped, you realize that the world won’t fall apart if you try something new.
When I took action and started publishing Kindle books, it wasn’t (initially) as successful as I’d hoped. But nothing bad happened. My less-than-stellar book sales didn’t impact anyone negatively. My Kindle book sat there on its shiny new Amazon page, as most new books by unknown authors will, with few sales and no reviews, saying ‘look, you did it, you took action”, and that made me believe I could publish again, and again. If you don’t already know how that worked out, see my Kindle books here.
“By allowing a negative paradigm to continue, you empower your past instead of your present.”
Your past shapes you. It’s important. But your present is more important, because it’s what will shape your future. Don’t let the past control you, because it’s fixed. You can’t change it. Empower yourself by acting in your own best interests, today and from now on.
“Psychologists tell us that if you could were down all your self-talk in a given day, you would find that most of it is negative or defeating in some way.”
I think I’m fairly positive, but when I did this 10 day negative thought fast, I shocked myself. So much of my internal dialogue was negative. I had to change it in the end though, as I was trying to get through the fast, and every time I let negative thoughts linger, I had to start again. The 10 day thought fast took me about two months. Don’t look at me like that. It’s harder than you think.
“Allow your accomplishments to speak for themselves and, when required, share your accomplishments in a modest positive way. When you practise humility, you gain the respect of others.”
There is nothing as attractive and inspiring as a person who has the perfect mix of confidence and humility. Live your best life. Let it show. Don’t hide it away. But don’t keep going on about it either.
“Hardship and misery come to everyone, and we can learn some of the greatest lessons from situations we wouldn’t choose for ourselves.”
We need the hard times as well as the good. They are often what we learn the most from. It’s not a coincidence that so many successful people have lost it all at one point or another in their lives. Comfort and riches rarely result in drive and ambition.
“If you want to be in the top 1% in your field, every day you must ask yourself, am I doing what the other 99% are not doing?”
You don’t achieve what others don’t unless you’re doing what others won’t. It really is that simple.
Grab your copy of The Inexplicable Laws of Success here.
Stay In Touch
To hear about new releases, freebies, special offers and discounts.